In this episode of King County Recovery Conversations, host Heather Venegas is joined by podcast contributor Alysse Bryson, founder of The Sober Curator, and Sober Curators Kate Vitela and Tamar Medford. Alysse shares her journey to sobriety and how she turned her passion for content creation into a hub for all things sober.
From beverage reviews to fashion columns, The Sober Curator covers various aspects of the sober lifestyle and is the ultimate resource for all things related to recovery and zero-proof living. Kate and Tamar joined the team as content contributors in September 2021 and March 2022, respectively. Discover the fascinating story behind this project and how they’re impacting the recovery community. Join them as they discuss the changing dynamics of recovery, the importance of connection, and how to authentically live a vibrant, substance-free life.
Resources from the episode:
- Go to LinkedIn to connect with Alysse, Kate, and Tamar.
- Visit The Sober Curator for the ultimate resource for all things related to recovery and zero-proof living.
- Connect with show host Heather Venegas on LinkedIn.
- Celebrate the Recovery Art Showcase during the Belltown Art Walk at Vann Studio Salon on October 13, 2023. King County Behavioral Health and Recovery Division invited King County residents in mental health or substance use recovery to showcase their art to reduce stigma and share a message of hope for recovery and wellness. The art will be on display at Vann Studio Salon in Belltown during September and October 2023.
- Learn more about King County Recovery Coalition and the work they do here. To become a volunteer, a member, an advocate, or an event guest, visit their website.
- The King County Recovery Coalition is a regional coalition of the Washington Recovery Alliance (WRA). Learn more about the WRA and the work they do here. Want to find a way to get involved? Click here to become a member, volunteer, or donate to help change hearts and minds around mental health and substance use disorder in Washington state.
If you are experiencing substance use disorder, problem gambling, and/or a mental health challenge, please visit the Washington Recovery Helpline for resources and a 24-hour helpline.
King County Recovery Conversations is a podcast on a mission to celebrate recovery and help break the stigma of addiction and mental health. In each episode, policy experts, program professionals, and those with lived experience join host Heather Venegas to share stories of hope, resilience, and healing in our community. Together, we’ll learn about the various pathways to recovery – and the services and support systems available to anyone impacted by addiction and mental health. Whether you’re someone seeking recovery, in recovery, a family member or friend, or a healthcare professional, this podcast is for you.
If you have feedback or show ideas, contact host Heather Venegas at email@example.com.